Statement of Faith
We believe and teach:
- The Bible to be the only inspired, only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (2 Timothy 3:15, 2 Peter 1:21).
- There is only one God, eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30).
- In the deity and humanity of the Lord Jesus Christ (John 10:33), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9), His bodily resurrection (John 11:25, 1 Corinthians 15:4), His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19), and His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11).
- That all men and women are by nature and by choice sinners (Romans 3:23), and that salvation is possible only by a willing choice to repent and to believe on Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior (Acts 4:12, Romans 10:9-13).
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29).
- In the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (John 17:20-22, Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 12:12-13, Galatians 3:26-28).
- In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14, I Corinthians 3:16, 6:19-20, Ephesians 4:30, 5:18).
We consider other doctrinal issues not addressed by this Statement of Faith to be secondary doctrine, and as an independent, multi-denominational school, we defer the teaching of matters of secondary doctrine to the parents and pastors of our students. Toward that end, we work closely with pastors from area churches to provide faith-appropriate counseling to students of Oxford Hills Christian Academy.